CAS Fellowships for Young International Scientists is launched in 2008. The aim of the Program is to promote academic exchange and cooperation between CAS institutes and international research institutions and universities, and the development of talented scientists, by attracting young international scientists to conduct a period of cooperative research at CAS institutes.
The Fellowship provides for visits of 12 months duration, and funding covers the personal expenses of the international visitors. Such visits may be extended by agreement for a further period of up to 12 months.
CAS will provide each recipient with a grant to cover the recipient’s salary, daily living allowance, and health insurance, between 150,000 and 250,000 RMB (pre-tax) per year, the exact amount being determined according to the length of the visit and the academic level of the visitor.
Recipients at the research scientist level, under the age of 40, will receive up to 250,000 RMB per year. Post-doctoral recipients, under the age of 35, will receive up to 150,000 RMB per year.
CAS will also provide a round-trip (economy-class) international airfare between the airport located nearest to the visitor’s home and that nearest to the host institute.
Recipients of the Fellowships will be recommended as candidates for the “Young International Scientists Grant Program” of the National Science Foundation of China.
Candidates for the Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
1. Citizenship of a nation that has formal diplomatic relations with the People’s Republic of China.
2. Good communication skills in English or Chinese, able to communicate independently in their place of work.
3. Commitment to abide by the laws of the People’s Republic of China and the relevant regulations of CAS and the host institute.
4. Research scientist applicants should hold a PhD degree, be under the age of 40, and have over five years of research experience and sound academic accomplishments.
5. Post-doctoral applicants should hold a PhD degree and be under the age of 35.
Applications should be submitted to CAS during two specific periods each year. The first round of applications is from March 1-15 and the second from September 1-15.
Please check the website for more details on the Program.
Application forms: http://rsc.dicp.ac.cn/download/Young%20scientist.doc
Dr. Jun Sun
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics,
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Add：457 Zhongshan Road Dalian,P.R.China（116023）